Your Cart is Currently Empty
Oh, I have to be on camera.
— By Salsabil Malik
1. Good Lighting- Good lighting is key to any virtual call. While some of us have the luxury of bay windows and constant sunshine, not everyone does. This is where a product like The Makeup Light comes in handy. Award-winning Makeup Artist Vivian Baker inspired her husband, Michael Astalos, to create this life changing LED light panel. What separates this light from any other LED panel is the innovative 5000 Kelvin, 95+ CRI, daylight balanced light which provides true color for not only working makeup artists, but anyone(my husband owns his own granite and marble company, and says that no other light has ever been able to capture the brilliance of the colors and finishes in the stone the way The Makeup Light can). It has multiple settings for brightness, is lightweight and portable, and comes in two different colors: Graphite and Gold. There are also many options for stands, suction mounts, as well as what they call the Magic Mount, which is an adhesive-based, reusable mount that can go on a variety of sealed, smooth and dry surfaces. Unlike many LED panels, it also has a filter to protect from damage to the retina, making it a much safer alternative to the leading competitors. So if you’re caught in a room with little to no lighting, or even in a place where the lighting is less than flattering(like that lovely fluorescent lighting that makes you look like the Cryptkeeper), The Makeup Light is the way to go to make sure you are looking your best during all of your zoom calls...even if you are still in those Cheeto stained pajamas. (The Makeup Light is available at www.themakeuplight.com)
2. Moisturizer- Being at home all day can wreak just as much havoc on your skin as being outside in the elements can. Even if you are drinking all the water that you should, did you know that your face is the last place to benefit from it? No matter your skin type, tone, or age, we can all use a little boost of hydration on our faces. Enter The Water Balm, by Sonia Roselli. It’s a five-in-one gel crème that is your moisturizer, toner/serum, day cream, night cream, as well as your makeup primer. Now let me tell you, this baby packs a punch! It instantly and continually hydrates, as well as plumps up any fine lines and wrinkles. It’s lightweight, won’t leave any greasy residue on your skin, and doesn’t roll the way some super emollient creams do. Sonia developed this game changing crème working with the top chemists in Japan, Korea & USA, and some of the key ingredients are Japanese Spring Water and Silk! It also has no chemical color additives or chemical fragrance, making it ideal for even the most sensitive skin types. Whether you’re wearing makeup or not, it gives you a glow and smoothness to the skin unlike anything I have ever tried before. You know how Blake Lively looked so good in the film A Simple Favor? You guessed it: The Water Balm. So what are you waiting for? (The Water Balm is available at www.soniaroselli.com)
3. Lash Curler- While this may seem like an unnecessary tool to some, you’d be surprised the difference it makes on a Zoom call! Maybe you stayed up all night binging Stranger Things, or maybe your allergies have kicked into high gear. This is where a lash curler can help you. The proper use of a lash curler can open up your eyes, making them look bigger and more awake. Even without mascara to top it off, you’ll see the difference on your call...and so will your boss! A popular favorite is the one made by Shiseido. This curler has edge-free pads and a curve that is a bit flatter than others. This flatter edge guarantees that it works on a wide variety of eye shapes, making it a go to for both working makeup artists as well as consumers. (The Shiseido Eyelash Curler is available at www.shiseido.com)
4. Lip Balm- There’s nothing worse than being on a Zoom call and continuously licking your lips because they feel so dry and flaky. Reapplying ChapStick or Vaseline is getting you nowhere, and you feel like nothing works. Well look no further than Bite Beauty Lip Mask! Made from agave, this intensive lip balm is a lanolin-free and vegan product. Supercharged with superfoods, this balm hydrates and provides instant relief to chapped lips. It can be used during the day, but also at night as a sleeping mask for the lips. It comes in two colors, and can also be used over, or under, your favorite matte lipstick for added hydration. Side tip: I also use this around my cuticles when they are super dry to soothe and provide moisture, and it works wonders! (The Bite Beauty Lip Mask is available at www.bitebeauty.com)
5. Under Eye Patches- This one is a no brainer! We don’t always want to color correct, conceal, and set our under eyes in an attempt to look more awake and alive on our Zoom calls. Sometimes we’d rather go makeup free, right? This is where a good under eye patch is useful. A pro favorite are the Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. These eye patches are suitable for all skin types, and are cooling, as well as help firm, tone, and de-puff the delicate under eye area. Free of harsh chemicals and fragrances, they are a go to before every virtual(and honestly, ANY) meeting! A helpful side tip is to stick them in the fridge before use for added anti-inflammatory benefits. (The Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels are available at www.skyniceland.com) Now that you have all the tools you need to look(and feel!) your best, maybe it’s time to change into a different pair of pajamas...or not!