Ever get tired of lugging around all those big glass bottles of skincare when jetting off out of town for the weekend? Or get paranoid that something will break and there goes your precious $$$ right into the bottom of your suitcase? As someone who’s had her fair share of beauty products explode in her bag, I can tell you that it’s the saddest thing to see...and a hassle to clean up too! But with the right guidance, I can help you make sure that it never happens to you! Or if it already has, that it never happens again!
- Ultimate Travel 11pc Set in Blush by Kitsch - This is my first recommendation because a lot of the skincare that I own and love are not available in travel size. This chic travel set is great for depotting those favorites that you just can’t NOT use, and the blush color makes everything look so put together, especially when you compare it to the boring clear ones that you see everywhere. Plus it has some really cool and unique designs, like 3 of the 90ml flat pouches for products such as shampoo and conditioner, a mini spatula and mini funnel, as well as 2 mini jars, 2 pump bottles, 1 spray bottle, and the reusable travel pouch! So even if something DOES end up spilling, it will be contained to the pouch and not all over the inside of your bag. Ultimate Travel 11pc Set in Blush $12 is available at www.mykitsch.com
- Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask by Shiseido - Great for all skin types, this 12 eye mask set is great for fine lines and wrinkles, dark circles, and dehydration in the eye area. State of the art micro-infusion technology developed in Japan delivers pure vitamin A to support cell turnover, and super bio-hyaluronic acid N plumps sensitive skin with moisture to help your eyes look instantly refreshed and wide awake after that red eye! A great bonus is that these masks are made out of stretchy cotton material, making it great for all face shapes! Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask $70 is available at www.shiseido.com
- Balm Dotcom by Glossier - The cult favorite balm that does it all! While this is a hydrating lip balm, it’s also meant to be used as a universal skin salve for any dry parts of your body like cuticles, elbows, and even your knees. The treatment comes in 8 flavors, and has both clear and sheer finishes. Formulated with hydrating ingredients like beeswax and castor oil, these balms have a dense, waxy-like texture that helps keep it in place while moisturizing and leaves lips looking smooth and hydrated without any shine. Balm Dotcom $12 is available at www.glossier.com
- Original Dry Shampoo Mini by Batiste - The iconic dry shampoo that started it all, this bottle will leave your hair feeling squeaky clean after that weekend long road trip. This scent has a citrusy burst of orange and bergamot, with hints of lily, lavender, rose and powdery musks. And that’s just the original scent...they have a bunch of other options, as well as a Dry Conditioner too, which works wonders for dry, dehydrated hair types. Original Dry Shampoo Mini $2.99 is available at www.batistehair.com
- Jao Refresher - A working makeup artist favorite, this sanitizer is an absolute must have, whether you are travelling or not! This multi purpose instant disinfectant and aromatherapy boost in one contains the less drying Ethyl Alcohol to kill germs and a unique blend of antiseptic oils such as Lavender, Sage, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, and Geranium. It also has Chamomile and Calandula and is free of Triclosan or Bezalkonium Chloride, which are harmful to the environment. While it is meant for hands, you can also use it for many purposes like zits, under arms, and aftershave...making it a great product to have for travel! Jao Refresher $10 is available at www.jaobrand.com
Here are other little favorites I’d recommend checking out!
- Travel Basic 7 Piece Brush Set with Roll-up Pouch by Bdellium Tools $55 Available at www.bdelliumtools.com. This pro-quality travel set has everything you need for a full face on the go, and has some of my favorite brushes that I carry in both my kit for clients and in my personal brush stash! Plus if you subscribe with your email, you get 15% off! That’s less than what some major companies charge for a single brush!
- Sensibio H2O Wipes by Bioderma $9.90 Available at www.bioderma.us. These wipes are another staple for both my kit and personal use! One wipe is powerful enough to take off an entire face of makeup, which is great for travel when you may not have quick access to a sink to cleanse your skin.
- Lait Crème Concentré Travel Size by Embryolisse $16 Available at www.us.embryolisse.com. This is a great moisturizer because it’s one of the few that is great for both face and body, so you can minimize how many products you need to drag with you on vacation. This best seller has been around since the 1950s, so if you subscribe with your email, you get 10% off to finally try it out!
- Don’t Despair, Repair! repair + strengthen Travel Kit $25 Available at www.briogeohair.com. A great kit to have regardless of your hair type, this set comes with Shampoo, Conditioning Mask, and a Leave-In Mask...everything you need to feel pampered and to give even the most overworked hair some much needed hydration.
- Foot Mask by Sephora Collection $5 Available at www.sephora.com. This is a great mask to wear after you’ve been running around the airport to catch your flight. I use it after a long day on my feet for work, and it soothes any aches and pains I have almost instantly. They recommend you keep it on for about 20 minutes, but I leave it on for an hour or so since it has a lot of product in it and doesn't dry out easily. When I’m feeling particularly sore, I’ll just leave them on overnight for extra pampering.