Your Cart is Currently Empty
There’s nothing quite like a burst of soothing mist all over your face at any given time, amirite?! Whether it’s unscented, rosy, or even just a fancy water spray, it’s a great little pick me up for your skin, especially if you live in a humid or dry area...or if you’re married to that matte, full coverage foundation that you just can’t live without! You may feel like they don’t really do much, or maybe you’re using one that isn’t ideal for your individual needs or skin type...either way, we can all use a bit of extra hydration, so here are some favorites that you may not have heard of before that you can try out!
- Luminous Dewy Skin Mist by Tatcha - This facial spray is a skin care(and makeup!) lover’s best friend. This formula, with it’s ultra fine mist, has more than 20% botanical oils and humectants to give the skin a dewy glow, without looking oily. With a trinity of Japanese anti-aging superfoods including green tea, paired with ingredients like hyaluronic acid to hydrate, this is a great product for all skin types and ages, but especially for dry, sensitive, and mature skin types. It’s great over and under any kind of makeup, and works for dry hair too! Free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances, urea, this spray is also cruelty free and every purchase made with the brand gives back to support girls’ education worldwide. Luminous Dewy Skin Mist $48 is available at www.tatcha.com
- Face Aperitif: Hydrating Light Facial Mist by Wondergloss - This spray is a luxurious mist that gives you the ultimate level of pampering that your skin has been missing out on! Available in 3 different fragrances(Rose, Jasmine, and Orange Blossom), this mist is packed with hydration and invigorating but at the same time relaxing, and just what you need at the close of a summer’s day. The elegant, minimalist glass bottle it comes in is pretty sturdy, making it a great option to stick in your bag and take with you on the go. Packed with natural florals, super H2O ingredients and aloe vera, this refreshing mist is also vegan, cruelty free, gluten free and paraben free. Side tip: stick it in the fridge to spritz on after an at home workout, or during the summer months to soothe that sunburn after a weekend at the beach! Face Aperitif: Hydrating Light Facial Mist $40 is available at www.wondergloss.com
- Brumisateur Natural Mineral Water Facial Spray by Evian - With a unique composition and neutral pH, this hydrating facial mist is great for all skin types and for daily use. Made with natural mineral water and sealed at the source in France, I recommend using this spray right after washing your face and again in the morning to start off your day with the perfect kind of boost. While they do say it can be sprayed onto a dry sponge and used to apply makeup, I never recommend doing this as it is very bad for your skin to use a moist tool to push your makeup into your pores. The effect may be smoothing, but the long term damage isn’t worth it. I also would advise against using it excessively over any kind of makeup that is not waterproof. Brumisateur Natural Mineral Water Facial Spray $19 is available at www.evianspray.com
- Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Mist by Herbivore - Perhaps the only downside of this spray is that it isn’t quite the kind of bottle you could take with you on the go(I mean, you CAN lug around this solid bottle if you really want to), but pretty much everything else about this mist is AH-MAZING! With hibiscus extract, coconut water, vegan hyaluronic acid to help lock in moisture, and organic rose hydrosol, this super fine cloud of a mist is great for all skin types, but is especially good for skin suffering from dryness and dullness. I love using this spray when I’ve overdone it with my powder foundation, because it instantly tones it down and has a smoothing effect. It’s also a great product to top off your skincare routine with at the end of the night. Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Mist $32 is available at www.herbivorebotanicals.com
- Fix+ by MAC Cosmetics - No facial spray article would be complete without an OG spray a lot of us are familiar with. Meant to be used as a finishing spray(not to be confused with a setting spray), the lightweight hydrator is a classic that gently refreshes and soothes all skin types. Packed with minerals and vitamins, as well as chamomile, green tea, and cucumber, this mist brings life to tired and dull skin. I love using this over eyeshadow to create more intensified looks, and also use it to sheer out my full cover foundations. The light bottle also makes this great for travel, and you don’t have to worry about broken glass all over the bottom of your bag! Fix+ $28 is available at www.maccosmetics.com