Your Cart is Currently Empty
With so many facial steamer advertisements constantly popping up on your feeds, you may be wondering if steam is actually good for your skin or if it’s just a fad for these major companies to be selling you expensive tools that you don’t really need. Well, I’m here to clear that up for you as well as break down the facts behind why and how you can benefit from adding some steam to your skincare routine. And just in time too! With the winter season fast approaching, there’s no better time to start getting steamyyy!
- Helps Soften Up Blackheads - Sometimes, even the best exfoliation isn’t enough to get out those pesky blackheads that just won’t GTFO! Using steam helps soften the skin and help aid you in the removal of blackheads and white heads, which means you can really get in there without having to use harsh and harmful measures like pore strips to yank them out. Honestly, my skin gets so soft that a light massage with my fingertips often gets the blackheads out painlessly.
- Promotes Circulation - You may be wondering how something like a little bit of steam can do something like promote circulation in your blood, but believe it or not, it really does. How? Well, the combination of warm steam and the increase in your perspiration dilates your blood vessels to increase circulation to your face. This boost to your blood flow nourishes your skin and delivers oxygen to help give you a natural and oh-so-radiant glow!
- Helps Acne Prone Skin - If you’re prone to acne like I am, you are just going to love what a little bit of steam does for your skin! Using a facial steamer allows the release of bacteria, dead skin cells, and other impurities that can clog the pores and contribute to acne. It also releases sebum that can get trapped beneath your skin’s surface, which is another contributing factor when it comes to acne and congestion.
- It’s Anti-Aging - The increased blood flow experienced during a steamy session promotes collagen and elastin production, resulting in a firmer and plumper looking complexion. In addition, it also hydrates the skin by naturally moisturizing your face, and there’s no better anti-aging treatment than some good ol’ fashioned moisture!
Safety Tips When Using A Facial Steamer
- Hydrate beforehand like you would before going into a sauna.
- Cleanse your skin before AND after.
- Keep your eyes closed.
- Read and follow the directions of the facial steamer you are using.
- Use skincare right after for maximum benefits.
- Avoid using if you have rosacea or eczema, as it may increase redness.
- Try not to do it more than once a week for best results.